Bound for Bethlehem

I did not pose them like this.  Promise.

For our ward Christmas gathering, our cultural hall at church was transformed into a bustling Bethlehem town.  What a special evening it was as we were reminded of how easy it is to miss the sweet Miracle of the season and instead, be swept up by the fun and games and dancing and shopping and eating that surround us.  

First of all, these are not pot holders!  :) President Uchtdorf's moving "Forget Me Not" talk did ring loud and true to my heart, but the way my Beehives lit up when they each received their own Sunday bag was well worth the sacrifice.  Now if only helping them make these beautiful values their own could be as simple as a few nights of sewing.

Rylee's golf swing always ends with a jump.  The fairy wings must be all about giving her some extra height because she always requests to wear them whenever the Wii comes out. 

I am in love with these Classic Starts books.  A friend brought a few over for the kids. I am so impressed with how they have stayed true to the original stories and language and still somehow simplified them enough for children to follow.  Seriously...way impressed.

p.s.- I don't get what is going on with my blurry banner.  I've changed the pixels and resolution countless times.  What is my pregnant brain missing here?!

Comments

SuSu said…
I love that book!
Mike and Julie said…
So great to see" you again! The kids are adorable and great job on the bags :-)
Hey Jess,
Would you believe your comments have been stuck in modification and I didn't even know they were there. I am so sorry for not getting back to you before now. I am so sorry. I hope all is going well. I too continue to peek in on your family which is so adorable. I hope that all your new endeavors go well. I miss you very much. Hopefully we can reconnect somehow.
Christine